Monday, January 30th, 2012
Because you know you love blogger memes….
I got tagged by my favorite Rev3 Triathlon Team Leader and Colorado Cougar, Carole Sharpless. And then bad ass momma Laura Mount piled on as well.
Here is how we play the game.
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post (I guess I’ve gotta do this twice for both Carole and Laura’s questions…)
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Random things about me:
- The only girlfriend I’ve ever had that lasted more than a month, I ended up marrying.
- I grew up next to a cornfield. Every fall, the farmer would spread manuer to fertalize the field. The smell of cow shit is kinda relaxing to me and reminds me of home.
- I have always wanted a tattoo, but can stick with one idea that I like for more than a few months so I stay ink-less.
- I love to dance. Especially at weddings. This apparently surprises a lot of people, but I’m unable to NOT have fun while dancing at a wedding.
- Sam’s dad and I apparently were in a head-to-head dance-off at my wedding. The jury is out on who won, but it was apparently awesome judging by the pictures. I was in the zone and had no idea.
- I have the ability to be completely oblivious to anything going on around me (see above). I’m just really good at staying entertained by the thoughts in my head.
- I had serious trouble breathing when I was born and spent a while in the neonatal ICU. After they got me stable and knew I wasn’t going to kick the bucket, the doctors still thought I’d have life-long respiratory issues. It still surprises my parents when they see me do triathlons.
- I used to be super religious, go to church retreats and was really active in my youth group. It was really great for me at the time and I wouldn’t change it, but I’ve got a very different belief structure now. Now I just call “kindness” my religion.
- I have a scar on the top of my left foot from a trapeze accident.
- None of my “real” friends do triathlon or even run. Not that you guys aren’t my “real” friends…
- I hate eggs, unless they are in a bacon egg and cheese sandwich.
My Questions From Carole:
1. Twister or Monopoly?
Twister. No one ever really wins and everyone has more fun.
2. Which do you crave more? The chips & salsa, or chocolate?
Chocolate. By the fist full.
3. You’re sitting next to a friend(s) in a room. You fart and it’s loud enough that you KNOW everyone heard it. Do you acknowledge it or pretend it never happened? (Okay, every situation is different….but you know yourself – in general, your reaction would be?)
I yell out “And the judges scores are….” and let everyone rank it.
4. Pizza or Hamburger (yes, buffalo burger acceptable)?
Hamburger. Especially with cheddar, bacon and an onion ring in there too.
5. If you could go back to one conversation to change or add to something you said, what would it be?
I wouldn’t change anything. I haven’t always been happy or proud of the things I’ve said, but my words have led me to where I am now. And I’m happy about where that is. So I’ll stick with it.
6. Snow skiing or water skiing?
7. What is the craziest thing you have done (or advice you listened to) to try to heal an injury faster?
Insane amounts of epsom salt baths. It was nice and relaxing, but didn’t do a damn thing to fix my ITBS. I probably went through 50 pounds of epsom salt before I gave up.
8. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Dogs. Cats are bitches.
9. Do you wipe front to back, or back to front?
Front to back.
10. What’s your favorite Charity?
Don’t have one.
11. Favorite rock/country/blues band of all time?
Either Foo Fighters or Counting Crows.
My Questions From Laura
1. What is your DREAM job?
I’ve got no idea, but it would probably involve a lot of time outdoors. A trail guide? Run triathlon training camps?
2. If you could live ANYWHERE where would you go?
I’d stay in Boston. It may not have everything, but it is close to the things that matter. Family, friends, urban/downtown stuff, water, woods and mountains. If I could take some people with me, I’d love to live out in the rockies for a few years.
3. Tell us your BIGGEST secret! ha.. okay a smaller one you are willing to share.
I have a really bad “socially acceptable” filter sometimes. Thankfully I recognize this and my better half helped convince me not to post them. I still think they’d be funny, but would probably be really inappropriate. But I guess that is just my sense of humor. So that is my secret. I have a lot of funny/inappropriate secrets.
4. How often do you weigh yourself?
2-3 times per week. I don’t put a lot of emphasis on my weight, but am always curious how my training and eating influence it.
5. Do you keep up w/ politics and current events?
Yes, but mainly through the Daily Show and Colbert Report.
6. What is your favorite time of day?
When I get home and Sam has just finished making me dinner. It makes me feel like I’m living in the 50′s (which is awkward), but she gets out of work way earlier than me and has been on a major cooking spree lately, so it all works out.
7. How many hours do YOU sleep a night?
7-9 hours per night. Bed between 10 and 10:30. Awake between 5 and 7, depending on my training schedule.
8. What is your BIGGEST lifetime goal//dream?
Be a dad. I’ve got a few years before Sam and I take that step, but I kinda think I’ll be an awesome dad. Or I’ll be awful at it, but at least have a lot of fun trying.
9. Would you consider yourself a half empty or half full type?
All full. It is just filled with both air and water.
10. Do you reduce, reuse, recycle?
Yes. I’m a rabid recycler. I fill up my recycling bins before my trash bins every week.
11. Do you strength train?:
Yes. I do 40 minutes of body weight and kettlebell work twice a week. Or at least the schedule says that I’m supposed to be… I’m usually pretty good at sticking to the plan.
My 11 Questions:
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What was your biggest fear as a child?
- What is your biggest fear as an adult?
- Your most embarrassing triathlon story, using exactly 11 words.
- What is the one piece of advice you’d give the 10 year old version of yourself.
- What is the best meal that you’ve ever made yourself?
- In or out?
- What is your dream car?
- What is the fastest you’ve ever gone on a bike?
- What is your least favorite part of triathlon training/racing?
You are tagged:
- Paul Vecchione
- Amy LeBlanc
- Go Sonja
- The Triathlon Rx
- Tri Girl Pink
- Meg Killian
Category : Triathlon
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.